Here comes a nice little Valentine gift for those of you who like a fiddly job.
Love Letter How to
Material: 1 sheet of white paper
oil pastels in various shades of red, orange, magenta, pink
water colours in similar shades
- Cut out the template (which you can order here). Paint the heart parts with the oil pastels. Add a second layer in water colours covering pink with orange and vice versa. Let dry.
- Cut out all parts, clipping small triangles off the flaps of the heart shapes.
- Fold back all flaps. Do valley and mountain folds in the 'wall'-strips according to the shape of the letters and crease properly.
- Beginning with the letter 'L' spread little glue on all the flaps of the first L and onto the inner rim of the strip. Carefully put together, hiding the endflap of the 'wall'-strip inside. Let dry.
- Repeat the procedure with the second L and insert carefully. You might need to insert the corners and level cover and wall with the help of a knife, which is a bit tricky.
- Repeat the last two steps with the other letters and the heart. As you can imagine the 'E' and the 'V' are especially fiddly. Here you need a bit of patience.