about this blog


About this Blog

Doing an illustration for my other blog, I had a very frustrating experience with new quality drawing paper which got me thinking and indeed resulted in a flood of ideas, what can be done with the 99 sheets of paper that are still left from the block. So I decided to install a whole new blog to show you the results. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I like to create the projects.

The sheets of paper I am working with are size A4 (21 x 29.7 mm), 185 g/m².

TERMS OF USE: I'm happy for you to use this tutorial to make items which you can keep, give as gifts or sell. You are not permitted to copy, resell or distribute the tutorial in any form (printed or digital). All images and texts are my own and under copyright.

Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013

Easter Postcards (3)




In this postcard project I covered the egg in small flowers.

Flowery Easter Postcard

Material: 1 sheet of white paper
                1 sheet of pink paper
                newspaper and magazine cutouts in all shades of pink, purple, red, orange
                oil pastels in pale pink
                spray fixative
                glue
                thread in several shades of pink

  • Print the template.
  • Cover the egg in oil pastels and mark vertical lines with a needle, beginning in the center and drawing parallels every 1.5 cm.
  • Cut out flowers in shades and patterns of pink with a flower hole punch.
  • Fix the flower cut-outs with tiny dots of glue along the vertical lines.
  • Sew along these lines in different colours. Knot the dangling threads thoroughly on the back.
  • Spread spray glue onto the pink paper and press onto the back of the postcard.
  • Fold the postcard carefully with a bone folder along the middle.
Making this postcard was so much fun, that I produced some more in every colour of the rainbow. To top the look, I added an envelope in the same colour as the lining of the respective card.

                  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen