about this blog


About this Blog

Doing an illustration for my other blog, I had a very frustrating experience with new quality drawing paper which got me thinking and indeed resulted in a flood of ideas, what can be done with the 99 sheets of paper that are still left from the block. So I decided to install a whole new blog to show you the results. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I like to create the projects.

The sheets of paper I am working with are size A4 (21 x 29.7 mm), 185 g/m².

TERMS OF USE: I'm happy for you to use this tutorial to make items which you can keep, give as gifts or sell. You are not permitted to copy, resell or distribute the tutorial in any form (printed or digital). All images and texts are my own and under copyright.

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2013

Snowballs

 

As winter seams to want to disguise as a very rainy spring, with temperatures so high that snow is no option in the near future, I decided to make some snowballs and hang them on branches.


This is a job for people who love making a bit of a mess and are not afraid of sticky fingers.


How to do them:

Material: 1 sheet of white paper
                plastic balls as you find them in your roll-on
                Planatol A or white PVA glue
                pieces of string, 25 cm long ( I used some Lurex)


  • Shred the paper in a paper shredder that does cross-cuts.
  • Dilute the glue with water to the consistency of condensed milk.
  • Spread a little bit of glue onto the plastic ball.
  • Fold the thread in half and glue first. Fix it by glueing a few paper cuts crosswise over the first centimeter.
  • Cover the whole ball with paper cuts, making sure to thoroughly spread the glue so that the cuts stick properly (This is the messy part!).
  • Continue until the ball is covered completely. It does not matter if there are small gaps left as you can see on the photo.
This single sheet of paper sufficed to do 7 balls.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen